Music Business Handbook and Career GuideBook - 2013
The special Tenth Edition of this powerhouse bestselling text maintains its tradition as the most comprehensive, up-to-date guide to the music industry.
The breadth of coverage that this book offers is unlike that of any other resource available. Music business newcomers and professionals alike will find the book a valuable resource, whatever their specialty within the field music. It is ideal as the core textbook in courses dealing with the music business. Key features includes:
* expanded and enhanced coverage of state-of-the-art technology and its implications for the music industry, including digital downloads, changing production technologies, marketing via social networking, and new distribution channels including video games
* new business models and their implications including the topics of Internet outlets, the independent musician, the evolving role of producers, and satellite and Internet radio
* updated information on careers
* coverage of alternatives to radio airplay and to luring teens to local record stores, in light of the weakened format of radio and the disappearance of neighborhood music shops
* cxamination of sophisticated marketing research tools for the industry, due to consumer clicks that illuminate customer buying behavior and changes in tastes and desires
* reflection on the global shift of the music business world as it becomes less centered on American companies and culture
* companion websites include password-protected Instructor Resources Site (featuring PowerPoint slides, tests, tips, and more) and an open-access Student Study Site (featuring new interactive exercises and links to material online to enhance learning).