The Health Advocate's Start & Grow your Own Practice Handbook
A Step-by-step GuideBook - 2012
This description is for the 2015 updated version of this book.
You've spent a career as a clinician, but feel as if you need to step away from the role so you can help patients get what they really need..... OR... you've just spent years advocating for yourself or a loved one, and now you think you'd like to help others improve their healthcare experience, and make a living doing so.
People like you, with heart and great skills, want to choose advocacy as a career. But many lack the business knowledge required to start and grow an independent practice.
The Health Advocate's Start and Grow Your Own Practice Handbook is here to help This book will help you get started. Whether you're starting up in the United States or Canada, it will answer your questions, such as:
- Can you make a living as a private, independent health advocate?
- How much does it cost to start an advocacy practice?
- What important details do you need to know regarding insurance, the law, contracts, even the IRS or CRA?
- How will you price your services and get people to pay you, too?
- Do you really need a business plan?
- What professional standards and best practices will improve your service?
This book is a must-have for those who choose to start and grow private advocacy and health-related practices including: patient advocates, patient navigators, case managers, care managers, midwives, doulas, therapists, guardians, conservators, life planners, family mediators, disability advisors, acupuncturists, health coaches, yoga instructors, massage therapists, elder care professionals, nursing home advisors, medical bill reviewers, health insurance advisors, medical legal advisors and others.
Bonus Purchase of the book may provide you with a free trial membership in The Alliance of Professional Health Advocates. Details can be found inside the book.